For 40 years, KemperSports’ Development and Construction team has led a range of projects including golf developments and renovations, clubhouses, recreational facilities, activity fields and conference centers. KemperSports has managed or consulted on the development, construction and renovation of golf courses, clubhouses, conference facilities and recreation-oriented projects throughout the United States and Caribbean.
KemperSports specializes in the following areas of development and construction:
Pre-Development Consulting – KemperSports knows that an efficient development process is born in the pre-development phase. We hand-pick the appropriate team members and prepare a preliminary development plan and budget that drives your business objectives.
KemperSports oversees the design development process to ensure a timely, budget-conscious project. Our team of experts develops conceptual designs and construction documentation, while conducting design and budget reviews throughout the process to ensure that your goals are met.
KemperSports provides all the necessary construction management services to support your project’s needs. Our oversight is comprehensive and no project is too complex or too large for our construction management team.
Although a golf company at heart, KemperSports has put its construction and development expertise to work on a wide array of projects throughout the country. Notable projects have included the following types of facilities:
KemperSports has been sought out as the construction manager for numerous recreation-oriented projects. The company has developed recreational fields, athletic facilities and state of the art sports complexes. KemperSports served as the construction manager for the 160-acre Vernon Hills Athletic Complex in Illinois where we led the conversion of a former Navy training ground into a comprehensive recreational facility featuring a football stadium and track facility, fifteen soccer fields, four regulation baseball fields, and six softball fields. Additionally, KemperSports also worked with Top Golf on the construction of the first three Top Golf high-tech driving ranges and entertainment complexes developed in the United States.
KemperSports has long been an expert in the development, construction, grow-in and opening of golf courses throughout the United States. Through the company’s work with over 40 golf courses, it knows how to develop or renovate a successful golf property. In addition to work with the internationally-acclaimed Bandon Dunes Resort, KemperSports consulted on the development of Chambers Bay, host of the 2015 U.S. Open, and Butterfield Trail Golf Club which won the prestigious Golf Inc. “Development of the Year” award. KemperSports also developed and constructed The Glen Club, a ”Top 100” golf club in the Chicagoland area.
KemperSports understands that a clubhouse can be an important sources of revenue and the centerpiece of a golf facility, so its team ensures that all designs maximize both revenue potential and operational efficiencies. KemperSports’ expertise in clubhouse development and construction is nationally recognized. Most recently, clubhouses at Ridge Creek Golf Club and Vellano Country Club in California were recognized as top five finishers in Golf Inc.’s Daily Fee Clubhouse of the Year and Private Property Clubhouse of the Year respectively. KemperSports also served as the construction manager for a state of the art golf instruction center and a 40,000 square foot clubhouse for the County of Union, New Jersey.
KemperSports’ Development and Construction team has also been instrumental in the successful completion of conference centers and banquet-centered facilities, including a 15,000-square-foot stand-alone conference and banquet center for the City of Newton, Kansas.
Notable work in the development, consulting and construction management fields includes the following facilities:
- Butterfield Trail Golf Club, El Paso, TX: Tom Fazio designed 18-hole golf course, award-winning clubhouse and maintenance facility;
- Chambers Bay Golf Course, University Place, WA: 18-hole golf course (host of the 2015 U.S. Open and 2010 U.S. Amateur), clubhouse, pavilion and maintenance facility;
- Galloping Hill Golf Course, Kenilworth, NJ: 18-hole golf course, 40,000 sq. ft. clubhouse and state of the art golf instruction center;
- Heron Lakes Golf Course, Portland, OR: 36-hole golf course, practice facility, clubhouse, site development and nature trails;
- Newton Conference Center, Newton, KS: 15,000 sq. ft. conference center with boardroom, ballroom and catering kitchen;
- Ridge Creek Dinuba Golf Club, Dinuba, CA: 18-hole golf course, award-winning clubhouse, maintenance facility and comfort stations;
- Royal Melbourne Country Club, Long Grove, IL: 18-hole golf course, 42,000 sq. ft. clubhouse, banquet room, tennis facilities and pool;
- The Glen Club, Glenview, IL: 18-hole “Top 100” golf course, 53,000 sq. ft. clubhouse, hotel and home to the Illinois PGA;
- The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Benton Harbor, MI: 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature course, clubhouse, learning center and maintenance facility;
- Vernon Hills Athletic Complex, Vernon Hills, IL: High school football stadium with track, lighted baseball/softball diamonds, practice diamonds, six soccer fields, concession facilities, restrooms and pavilion;
- Whiskey Creek Golf Club, Ijamsville, MD: 18-hole Ernie Els designed golf course with a 6,300 sq. ft. clubhouse.
KemperSports’ management expertise, coupled with its deep history in overseeing development projects from the ground up, make it a natural choice for owners seeking to build golf’s next great venue. This development expertise does not end with golf course design and construction, however, as KemperSports has a proven track record of shepherding projects of all varieties to project completion – always keeping in mind the goals of exceeding expectations and finishing on time and on budget.